Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
I love mushrooms! MMM! From www.eatcatalunya.com and posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
Let me just say I love mushrooms too in any way shape or form. But I will have to agree with Lavender Lynn, these were a little boring. I am not sure what it needs to perk up though. I cut my mushrooms in 4 because they were too big, and I forgot to put fresh parsley on for the garnish before I took the pic. Made for the ZWT5
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup amontillado sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cloves
- 3 cups white mushrooms, trimmed
- black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Stir in the tomato purée, sherry, water and the cloves and season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes, adding more water if it becomes too dry.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, then cover and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool,still covered. Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Serve the mushrooms cold, sprinkled with the chopped fresh parsley.