Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Xalapa Punch is an intriguing rum, brandy and red wine punch that is highlighted with black tea and heated orange rinds. From The Bartender's Black Book.
- 2 cups hot black tea
- 1 cup honey or 1 cup sugar
- 1 quart dark rum
- 1 quart apple brandy
- 1 quart dry red wine
- In a sauce pan over low heat, combine the hot black tea and rind of two oranges (grate with carrot peeler or cheese grater);heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the honey or sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into a punch bowl with ice.
- Add the amber rum, apple brandy and dry red wine.
- Garnish with diced oranges and lemons.