Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I wrote this recipe for my friend Xakk, who loves his broccoli almost as much as he loves his partner, Liz. This is a solo meal for him, or with a side dish of fresh fruit, a light lunch for two.
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 6 ounces dry pasta (Rotini is good)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the chicken breast in a non-stick frying pan, 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and then dice.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the Broccoli and the Pasta in 2 quarts of salted boiling water, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the broccoli is fork tender.
- Place oil, the juice from one lemon, garlic and pepper into a shallow dish and stir.
- Drain the broccoli and pasta and add to the dish and toss.
- Add chicken and toss again.
We love this recipe! We use frozen pre-marinated, seasoned chicken breasts, which gives it some extra spice. We've made it several times and are experimenting with the garlic to find the perfect not-too-hot amount (and making sure to mix it WELL so no one gets a big bite of garlic!). As per Bill's suggestion, we especially like this dish served with a side of fresh watermelon chunks.
Great, easy-to-make meal that easily doubled to serve the 2 of us! I did use previously baked chicken breasts (well-seasoned with lemon pepper), then followed the recipe pretty much, though used a large clove of garlic & left out the black pepper! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices]
Very easy to make. It needed a little something for my taste though. I think I'll marinate the chicken in Italian seasonings next time. I will make this again.