Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic treat -- and it is so much better with great coffee ingredients. Good coffee is the key to true happiness.
- 2 scoops coffee ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces espresso (2 shots)
- 2 tablespoons malt drink powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2 ounce Kahlua (optional) or 1⁄2 ounce Malibu rum (optional)
- whipped cream, garnish (optional)
- espresso beans, garnish (optional)
- Just add ingredients and blend in a blender.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- The only difference between a malt and milkshake is malt mix, which you can buy at virtually any major grocery store.
Tasted marvelous of course! Using that much milk, I needed a *lot* more ice cream to reach malt consistency; 5 healthy scoops was about right. I did use the malted milk powder but not rum or Kahlua. After tasting, adding, tasting, adding ... 2 packets of Splenda was just the right sweetness for me. With that much ice cream, this made 2 shakes and I drank them both! :-) Thanks for sharing your recipe!
This was great. Easy, creamy, and delicious. I made this as directed (opting for the Kahlua, but none of the other extras), but next time I'll add less milk 'cause it thinned both the coffee flavor and the texture a bit much for me. Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be making this again and again.