Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cute way to make breakfast or just a snack with the kids!
- 1 egg
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 ounces red raspberry flavored syrup
- powdered sugar
- candy sprinkles
- Using cookie cutter, cut trees from bread. Should get two trees from each slice.
- Beat egg, milk, and coloring.
- Heat fry pan over medium-high heat adding enough light oil to coat pan.
- Dip bread in egg mixture.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.
- Dress plate with sauce. Place trees and dust with powdered sugar followed by sprinkles.
- Eat and enjoy!
These special trees will be a part of our future holiday tradition. Thanks Happy Harry.
Great fun and delicious for a special breakfast!! My DD enjoyed preparing for her brothers. We adapted this recipe by using a turkey-shaped cookie cutter with no food coloring and blueberry syrup. Not as colorful but definitely as whimsical and tasty. Thanks Happy Harry #2!
This morning my children were thrilled to have, for breakfast, orange colored french toast shaped like pumpkins. I took this wonderful concept and made it appropriate to the holiday. Absoultely wonderful idea! Thanks so much!!