Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my sister-in-law's recipe from Australia. It's delicious and at Christmas time, you can even decorate it with red and green sprinkles.
- 250 g vegetable shortening (Crisco lard)
- 4 cups kellogs Rice Krispies
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Melt lard in a saucepan over low heat or in a microwave.
- Mix Rice Krispies, icing sugar, cocoa, coconut and melted lard until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into paper muffin liners.
- Set in the refrigerator overnight.
I halved this recipe, made these yesterday and served them for dessert this afternoon. I used 11 tbsps. of melted margarine(as a substitute for the Crisco Lard), 2 cups of Kellogs Rice Krispies, 1/2 cup of icing sugar, 1/2 cup of grated coconut and 1 1/2 tbsps. of cocoa powder. I followed the recipe exactly as it is and had no problem at all. My dad and me enjoyed this for dessert this afternoon. Thank you, Ranikabani, for sharing this easy and tasty dessert recipe!