A wonderfully rich dessert from Wyatt's as published in our local paper.
Make and share this Wyatt's Cafeteria German Chocolate Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whip sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, flour, vanilla, salt, and hot water until smooth.
- Stir in eggs; add canned milk.
- Mix well and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Top with pecans and coconut.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes (center will be a little fudgy).
- Cool before cutting.
A walk down memory lane. I remember Wyatt's Cafeteria quite well. It was our families stopping off point after church on Sunday. I did not learn until recently that this pie was my sons favorite. I made it today for dessert and it was definately a big hit. Thanks for posting a great recipe and wonderful memories. Would not change a thing.
Sorry, I served this to a group of people last night for dessert who left half a slice each on their plates. Disappointing taste, very little taste. Nice texture, but I won't be making this one again.