Recipe by joy of jess
This is a variation of your traditional Pico that my college roommates and I started making -- motivated mainly by our desire to get avocados into any and all food in one way or another.
- 3 ripe pitted avocados, diced (not too small!)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 -4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, loosely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (preferably fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (very finely minced or crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl stir together the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.
- Add the avocado and stir gently.
- Add lime and lemon juice and salt to taste.
- I like to let it sit for @ least a half an hour in the fridge so all the flavors can meld, but it usually doesn't make it there!