Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a variation of your traditional Pico that my college roommates and I started making -- motivated mainly by our desire to get avocados into any and all food in one way or another.
- 3 ripe pitted avocados, diced (not too small!)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 -4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, loosely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (preferably fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (very finely minced or crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
- In a large bowl stir together the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.
- Add the avocado and stir gently.
- Add lime and lemon juice and salt to taste.
- I like to let it sit for @ least a half an hour in the fridge so all the flavors can meld, but it usually doesn't make it there!
i've made it like this before. don't know about the measurements because i usually don't measure anything, but this is awesome. thanks for posting.