Recipe by Meredith .F
A recipe makeover from the Jan/Feb edition of Weight Watchers Magazine. They use extra lean ground beef in place of the turkey, but I prefer to save the calories & fat this way. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄4 lb olive, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 2 qt baking dish with nonstick spray. Cook the noodles as directed. Rinse and drain.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray. Cook the next 3 ingredients over med-hi heat 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook until browned. Add the spaghetti sauce, soup, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and the noodles. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake until hot, about 40 minutes. Top with the remaining cheddar and remaining ingredients. Bake 5 minutes longer.