Recipe by Kara H
Taken from the WW new complete cookbook, this dish is so awesome! Very flavorfull unlike many WW dishes. I am not a tomato fan either, but it was still YUMMMY! Hubby even loved it! Definiteley worth a try!! You can substitute broth for the wine if you have that on hand. Only 7 points per 1 1/2 cup serving!
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄3 cups arborio rice
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (not oil-packed)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine the stock and tomato juice;bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat the oil.
- Saute the shallots until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and wine; cook until the zucchini is softened, about 5 minutes longer.
- Add the rice; cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the stock mixture, the sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, and marjoram; cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until the stock is absorbed before adding more, until the rice is just tender.
- The total cooking time should be about 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and pepper; serve at once, garnished with the parsley.