Kara H's Note:
Taken from the WW new complete cookbook, this dish is so awesome! Very flavorfull unlike many WW dishes. I am not a tomato fan either, but it was still YUMMMY! Hubby even loved it! Definiteley worth a try!! You can substitute broth for the wine if you have that on hand. Only 7 points per 1 1/2 cup serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/3 cups arborio rice
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (not oil-packed)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the stock and tomato juice;bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- 2In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat the oil.
- 3Saute the shallots until soft, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the zucchini and wine; cook until the zucchini is softened, about 5 minutes longer.
- 5Add the rice; cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- 6Add 1 cup of the stock mixture, the sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, and marjoram; cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed.
- 7Continue adding stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until the stock is absorbed before adding more, until the rice is just tender.
- 8The total cooking time should be about 25-30 minutes.
- 9Stir in the cheese and pepper; serve at once, garnished with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Zucchini Risotto With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 250.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: