Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Weight Watchers and is amazing. So flavourful with lots of veggies.
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh gingerroot, thinly sliced and julienned
- 4 small oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups scallions, chopped
- 1 cup water chestnut, sliced (8 oz can)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 2 cups snow peas, stringed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Put bok choy, Chinese cabbage, garlic, ginger root, oyster mushrooms, scallions, water chestnuts, red bell pepper, red pepper flakes and vegetable broth into a large soup pot; stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Toss in bean sprouts, if using, and snow peas during the last 3 to 4 minutes of simmering.
- Add soy sauce and cilantro. Serve.
Whoops! I've posted this as well at #372870! It's a fantatsic recipe, although I usually omit the cabbage and soy and blend it up to make it thicker! My recipe recommends a dash of sesame oil at the end, but again I find it's tasty enough without this! It's a fabulously tasty and healthy soup that works whatever the season.