Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do. This makes 6 pancakes, each only 1 pt! I make a big batch, then separate into individual servings of three pancakes and freeze some and keep the rest in the fridge so all I have to do is nuke them. Great with some sugar free syrup or berries. My DH even liked them and he usually hates anything with whole wheat!
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml skim milk (you can also use soy milk OR water)
- 1 whole egg white (lightly beaten)
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml artificial sweetener
- Heat a large skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick butter flavored cooking spray.
- Spoon two good sized heaping tablespoon fulls of the batter into the skillet per pancake and spread out slightly.
- Let cook like a regular pancake and then flip, allowing to cook another minute or so.
- NOTE: Batter will be kinda thick. If it is too thick for you, add a tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.
This was better than expected. Tastes great for a whole wheat and lower cal pancake. My only modification was to use brown sugar. Great with a few slices of strawberries and some homemade syrup. Thanks!
I make these all the time now that I've got this recipe! They're awesome! My 2 year old loves them too! I get 6 pancakes out of them, now that I add a little more water. So good!
Great flavored pancakes! The recipe said it made 6 but I only got 3 pancakes-if you are making this as a stand alone breakfast, you'll have to double the recipe.