Recipe by myslys
I'm on Weight Watchers now and every once in a while like to have a little something sweet. I haven't made these, but they look really good!! Plus, they're only one point per serving!!
Top Review by Palgal
These are a bit of work and they need some more sweetness in the filling. Otherwise it comes out savory and would work as an appetizer I guess. Cute idea though and mine came out fine,
just needed a bit more sweetness in the filling to be considered a dessert, in my opinion.
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 12-cup miniature muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- To prepare cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl combine 2 ounces cream cheese, milk and margarine. Beat on low speed until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar. Beat flour mixture into cream cheese mixture on low speed until blended.
- Transfer cookie dough to a lightly floured surface and knead gently 4 times. Divide dough into 24 equal portions and press each portion into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin pans; set aside.
- To prepare filling, in a food processor or large bowl combine remaining 6 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into prepared cookie cups. Bake until filling is set and edges are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yields one cookie cup per serving.