I'm on Weight Watchers now and every once in a while like to have a little something sweet. I haven't made these, but they look really good!! Plus, they're only one point per serving!!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 12-cup miniature muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- To prepare cookie dough, in a large mixing bowl combine 2 ounces cream cheese, milk and margarine. Beat on low speed until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar. Beat flour mixture into cream cheese mixture on low speed until blended.
- Transfer cookie dough to a lightly floured surface and knead gently 4 times. Divide dough into 24 equal portions and press each portion into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin pans; set aside.
- To prepare filling, in a food processor or large bowl combine remaining 6 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into prepared cookie cups. Bake until filling is set and edges are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yields one cookie cup per serving.
These are a bit of work and they need some more sweetness in the filling. Otherwise it comes out savory and would work as an appetizer I guess. Cute idea though and mine came out fine,
just needed a bit more sweetness in the filling to be considered a dessert, in my opinion.
My husband made these for us last night...lots of work but very tasty!!!
my mother-in-law made these and they were delicious!