Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adds a little zip to plain scallops. 4 scallops = 2 points.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoonlemon, zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb scallops, about 16 sea scallops
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together lemon juice, sugar, chili powder, lemon zest, cumin, salt and cayenne in a small saucepan; set pan over medium-low heat and simmer until mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow dish, add scallops and turn to coat.
- Transfer scallops to prepared baking sheet and arrange zucchini slices alongside.
- Broil scallops and zucchini until scallops are cooked through and opaque and zucchini is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- About 4 scallops per serving.
Yummy! This one's a keeper thanks for sharing.
Easy to make and a different taste for scallops. The lemon flavor was very pronounced and perhaps a little too zing-y for my taste.