Recipe by Robin W
This dish is 8 points per serving. I substitute beef broth for the wine.
Top Review by Roger/OH
This had excellent flavor and was easy to make. When I think of diet food, I tend to think of something bland. This was great and full of flavor. I didn't see any Italian-style stewed tomatoes at the store, so we used Italian-style chopped tomatoes. My tastes don't agree with most red wines so I used the beef broth suggestion. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, four 4 ounce pieces, pounded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (29 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add olive oil and heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook over medium heat until browned and juices run clear, around 5 minutes on each side.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic to skillet.
- Cook until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in wine and tomatoes.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pasta.