Recipe by CaliforniaJan
I took a go to coffee cake recipe and lightened it up. The result is a sweet and fruity morning cake that just costs you 5 points plus and tastes like the real thing! I used frozen berries in the winter, but in the summer fresh is wonderful!
Top Review by Annacia
Delicious and almost fat free! I made this in Feb and used frozen mixed berries for a marvelous, fluffy. light textured cake. I followed the recipe to the letter and 35 mins gave me a perfectly baked treat that DH also loved. You *must* try this still a little warm from the oven, pure heaven. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed berries, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, add the first three ingredients; stir to combine and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg, milk, yogurt, applecause and vanilla; stir until blended.
- In another bowl, add in the two flours, Splenda, baking powder and salt; stir to mix.
- Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the berries and press into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the Splenda brown sugar-pecan topping and lightly press into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 or 40 mm inutes or until a pick comes our clean. Let cook, cut into squares and serve.