Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a community recipe swap years ago. It is rich in flavor and only 1 point per serving. You can add any additional 0 point vegetables in it or ground turkey and adjust the points. This is one of my WW favorites
- 1 (16 ounce) bagstir fry frozen peppers and onions
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 6 ounces hot salsa (like Pace or Herdez)
- 2 (1 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large stew pot. Cook for 30-45 minutes.
We loved this chili recipe! I made a few changes: used 2 bell peppers, a red onion and a white onion instead of the frozen. I also threw in a carrot, courgette and some black olives lurking in the fridge! As I'd added more veggies, I also added another can of tomatoes. Let it simmer for over an hour to develop the flavour and really enjoyed it over white rice!
This was so good! i used kidney and black beans, and omitted the 16 oz bag of onions and peppers and just added an extra can of kidney beans.
Had a half can of black beans left from another dish and a need to come up with some lunch options which were easy on the WW points. Replaced the red beans with an equivalent amount (in points) of corn. The results were more a thick soup than and chili, but nonetheless flavorful and filling. Lots of spice from my chipotle salsa and well stocked with veggies. Thanks BB.