Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From WW magazine. Serve it over potatoes, brown rice, pasta, or couscous.
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare the vegetables in the microwave according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, milk, and nutmeg in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the cooked vegetables. Remove 4 cups of the mixture for use later in the week; cover and refrigerate. Return the remaining sauce to the heat and warm through.
- 2 Points per serving (1/2 cup).
Really great diet alfredo! I ate it over pasta and added extra veggies. Definitely needs some salt and pepper before serving.
A very versatile recipe, mariposa. Rather than add a bag of frozen vegetables I added a half cup each of pureed white beans and pureed butternut squash. I used the recipe as part of recipe #200172. While it's not cream and cheese it won't give you a heart attack either.
I ate this sauce over wheat pasta for lunch and its really good. I love alfredo sauce but I can never eat it if I'm dieting. Now I can! Next time I will use a little less flour because its slightly thicker than I like. Great with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on top!