Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Weight Watcher Recipe to be used as a TV dinner...4 points, Flex...or Core
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag frozen chopped onions
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 average anaheim chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb small shrimp, thawed, with tails removed
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onions, cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook until heated through and shrimp are done, about 6 more minutes.
- Divide evenly into the 6 containers.
I REALLY liked this recipe - it was yummy and easy - but it felt like it was missing something. I don't know what it was since the recipe was very good but I think next time, I'm going to saute some red bell pepper with the onions and maybe add a little bit of honey at then end. All in all a wonderful recipe that I will be making again and again!
This recipe was awesome!! I made it tonight for dinner to go with my new years resolution of losing weight...again, lol! The only change I made was that I added cayenne powder instead of the anaheim chili as I did not have it. the recipe did not state if the pineapple was to be drained, I did and it was a bit dry. Next time I will leave some of the juice in I think. But this was just perfect, the right amount of sweet and heat! Very easy to put together after coming home from work and picking my boys up from daycare!! Thanks for posting!!