Recipe by MPHT
This is a delicious low-fat turkey chile recipe I came up with. It is only 3 pts. for a 1 cup serving. If you like it hot, add 1/2 - 1 tsp of tobasco sauce.
Top Review by BerrySweet
Really good! I used medium chili beans, and while flavorful, this wasn't spicy at all. Next time I'll try hot chili beans and/or add some minced jalapenos. I loved how thick this chili was, and leftovers were great.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large green peppers or 1⁄2 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey with onion, pepper and garlic until no longer pink. Do not drain.
- Add tomatoes, chile powder, salt and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in kidney beans and simmer another 15 minutes.