This is a knock off of Whole Foods 6 dollar per 4 Vita Top Muffins. Low fat ingredients include egg whites, yogurt and sugar substitute. To reduce calories and WW points you can also make 24 smaller muffins (2.5 points). I found this little chocolate gem at healthyisalwaysbetter.com. If you make 12 large muffins, they are 5 points per muffin.
- 1 3⁄4 cups oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water (hot)
- 1 cup sugar substitute (splenda granular)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (can use white chocolate or peannut butter chips)
- Heat oven to 350, line 12 muffins with paper liners or spray muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a food processor, mix all of the ingrredients together (except chips), blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth,.
- Place mixture in bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips, scooop mixture into prepared pans.
- Bake in oven 10 min, remove muffins and distribute the other half of the chips on top of each muffin.
- Return to oven, bake another 2-5 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.