Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This WW recipe is from Weight Watchers 365 Day Cookbook (an older WW book when they still had exchanges - but to use the flex plan I think it is about 6 points).
- 4 corn tortillas
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 4.92 ml jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 0.59 ml ground cumin
- 1 tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- 14.79 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml onion, chopped
- parsley sprig, optional garnish (optional)
- Place 1 tortilla in each of 4 round individual casseroles which have been sprayed with Pam.
- Top each tortilla with 1/2 ounce grated cheese.
- In a bowl combine next 5 ingredients (eggs - mustard). Pour 1/4 of the mixture into each casserole and then sprinkle with 1/2 ounce of cheese.
- Bake casseroles at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and cumin and cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 of the sauce over each tortilla.
- Garnish each casserole with 2 tomato slices, 1 teaspoon of chopped onion and parsley.
We enjoyed this, something different! Another time, I will follow reviewers suggestions and add some sour cream and olives, and maybe some guacamole on the side, but this was good as was! A light supper but more than plenty. Thank you ellie! Made for Veggie Swap#14
We had to up the size a little since our individual dishes are huge. I did cheat a little and added corn and black beans for bulk. This was very good. DH immed said he wanted me to make this again! I covered the whole thing with a second tortilla to kind of "pie" it, but I think I will leave it off next time.
When I selected this recipe to try, I really wasn't sure how it would come out - I enjoy Mexican scrambled eggs, but I have to say, this surprised me with just how good it was!! I scaled it for one serving, which was quite easy. I had to make a couple substitutions due to what I had on hand: flour tortillas instead of corn, and I trimmed the tortilla to fit the casserole dish. I used a Mexican blend cheese. The egg mixture I made exactly as described. I did add some shredded chicken to the tomato sauce. I used green onions instead of white, and I couldn't help myself - I added a dollop of low-fat sour cream and a few black olives on top. This would be great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and I look forward to impressing company with it in the near future! Thanks!