Recipe by teresas
This is out of a 1998 WW cookbook. This is very yummy! Hope you enjoy. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This salad was delicious. Quick and really easy to make. Loved the dressing, it was wonderful. Only change I did was to use Thai basil which made it hot n spicy. We really enjoyed this refreshing and satisfying salad Teresa, thanks so much for sharing. I will be making this often during the summer. Made FYC Tag game 2015.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, tightly packed and shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, whish the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions and basil.
- Drizzle with the dressing; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, tossing once, until the flavors are blended, at least 1 hour.