Recipe by Gillian O'Regan
This is a tasty, low fat recipe from weight watchers which needs no accompaniment. Chilled bananas are a lovely counter to the spiciness(7 points)
Top Review by BothFex
This was Weight Watchers?!?!? It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Definately making again and again. Served over rice- the fam glommed it down. Thanks for a great waist watcher recipe!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (blue dragon)
- 25 g creamed coconut
- 300 ml boiling water
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 350 g potatoes, cut into cubes
- 150 ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 bananas
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Stir in chicken cubes and cook until lightly brown (3 minutes).
- Add curry paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Dissolve creamed coconut in boiling water and add to pan.
- Add in potato and puree.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt and coriander.
- Chop bananas and mix in with lime juice and zest and chill until curry is ready to serve (this is a topping).