This is out of the July/August 2008 Weight Watchers magazine. Sounds great and planning to make it during a RV trip. Says to use 3/4 inch thick steaks. Boneless top sirloin steaks, also are known as New York strip steaks, they are lean yet super tender.
- Combine 2 tsp of the brown sugar, the chili powder, cumin, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Spray a small saucepan with nonstick spray and eat over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tbls of the spice mixture, the remaining 1 tsp of brown sugar, the ketchup, water, steak sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, 10 minutes.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray and heat the grill to medium high or prepare a medium-hot fire.
- Rub the steaks with the remaining spice mixture.
- Place on the grill rack and grill until an instant read-thermometer inserted into the side of each steak registers 130 degrees, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and let stand 5 minutes (until the temperature increases to 135 degrees for medium rare).
- Serve with the sauce.