Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Weight Watcher Magazine's version of the popular comfort dish!!
- 1 lb lean boneless bottom round roast, trimmed & cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ears corn
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Sprinkle the beef with the salt & pepper. Spray a dutch oven with Pam. Sear the beef, in batches, over med-hi heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer each batch to a plate.
- Add the next 6 ingredients and cook until golden. Stir in the beef, tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until beef is tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut 1 ear of corn crosswise into 1 inch pieces. Remove the kernels form the remaining cob. Add all the corn to the stew and cook 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and vinegar. Discard the bay leaf.