This is a slightly different version of Taco Soup for Weight Watchers. It has no meat so it is actually a vegetable soup. We served it for my mother in law and paired it with a salad and some rolls for the rest of the family. It was yummy. One caution it is spicy for some so if you don't like it spicy get the corn without the chilies. We used Lawry's taco seasoning and Hidden Valley Ranch ranch packet for the best flavor. We have no ties to them but love their products for this. It is warm and makes a lot of soup. We served 4 adults and two kids. Got this on a internet site awhile back. It is yummy but remember to JUDGE IT AS A WEIGHT WATCHER recipe because if you went hog wild with ingredients with more fat and calories it could be even better. Enjoy ChefDLH. (Serving size is 1 cup. 2 WW points per serving.)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) canned corn mixed with chopped peppers (red and green)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) cancanned low-fat refried beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can fat free refried black beans
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (dry)
- fat free vegetable oil cooking spray
- Saute onion with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- When softened, combine all other ingredients.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve immediately.