Recipe by teresas
This is out of my old WW cookbook called 123 Success Recipe Collection, dated 1997.This side dish is packed with flavor and color. Serve it with chicken breasts marinated in a teriyaki-soy mixture for a speedy, delicious supper.
Top Review by Spencer #2
This was a nice way to serve the overabundance of green beans that I harvested from the garden this summer. I will definitely make it again. Green beans can tend to be bland but this recipe added a nice flavor while still being healthy.
- 453.59 g green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml ketchup
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, dissolved in
- 44.37 ml water
- 2.46 ml hot red pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g can bamboo shoots or 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, steam the green beans until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, dissolved cornstarch and pepper sauce.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray;heat. Stir-fry the green beans and garlic 2 minutes add the soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes longer. stir in the bamboo shoots, (if using) and sesame oil, serve at once.