This is out of my old WW cookbook called 123 Success Recipe Collection, dated 1997.This side dish is packed with flavor and color. Serve it with chicken breasts marinated in a teriyaki-soy mixture for a speedy, delicious supper.
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots or 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large saucepan, steam the green beans until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, dissolved cornstarch and pepper sauce.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray;heat. Stir-fry the green beans and garlic 2 minutes add the soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes longer. stir in the bamboo shoots, (if using) and sesame oil, serve at once.