Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great taste and on the new PointsPlus program just 4 points per serving. I add in some red pepper flakes for kick, but they can be omitted for a still lovely and no-heat dish.
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, root minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups snow peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces shrimp, small, peeled, deveined (about 36 to 40 per lb)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Coat a large nonstick wok or saute pan with cooking spray; heat to smoking over high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in scallions, ginger, orange zest and garlic. Stir and toss constantly over the heat for 30 seconds.
- Add snow peas and mushrooms. Continue tossing until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp; continue cooking, tossing all the while, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Add sprouts, orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Toss until bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with rice wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the stir-fry and continue cooking until sauce has thickened a bit, about 30 seconeds. Remove pan from heat and drizzle oil over the dish. I serve this over steamed brown rice.
Very good, easy and very adaptable to whatever veggies available.I didn't have any bean sprouts and had less snow peas than called for so added one package of green beans. Good, easy and a very filling meal. Thanks for sharing!