Recipe by English_Rose
Only 0.5 points per serving, this satisfying soup makes a great winter warmer. Make double quantity, cool and freeze in portions for up to 3 months. From the UK weight watchers website.
- 5 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 ounces dried split red lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube, make up to 3 . 5 c with hot water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 2 sprigs, chopped to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saucepan, spray with low fat cooking spray and add the onion and celery. Cook stirring for 5 mins, add the garlic and chili and cook for another 5 mins until tender and beginning to brown.
- Add the lentils, stock, rosemary, tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins until the lentils are soft. Remove the rosemary.
- Blend the soup using a hand blender or liquidizer until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprinkling of chopped rosemary.