Only 0.5 points per serving, this satisfying soup makes a great winter warmer. Make double quantity, cool and freeze in portions for up to 3 months. From the UK weight watchers website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 ounces dried split red lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube, make up to 3 . 5 c with hot water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 2 sprigs, chopped to garnish
- 1Heat a large saucepan, spray with low fat cooking spray and add the onion and celery. Cook stirring for 5 mins, add the garlic and chili and cook for another 5 mins until tender and beginning to brown.
- 2Add the lentils, stock, rosemary, tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins until the lentils are soft. Remove the rosemary.
- 3Blend the soup using a hand blender or liquidizer until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Serve hot garnished with a sprinkling of chopped rosemary.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Spicy Red Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 227.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cooking spray
vegetable stock cubes