Recipe by Redsie
Another great WW recipe!
Top Review by etully
This was lots of chopping! I served it over rice and it was well-liked. I made it exactly as written except for using medium salsa instead of hot. I'll agree with the other reviewer, it is more like six servings. In the future, I will probably freeze half. Thanks, Redsie, this is a keeper.
- 1 lb ground chicken (or ground turkey)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cups chunky hot salsa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 4 soft flour tortillas (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice all the vegetables.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray (or optional - olive oil).
- Cook the ground chicken for about 10 minutes (until completely done).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onions to the pan and saute until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini, green and red peppers.
- Cover, stirring often, until cooked.
- Don’t drain the liquid.
- Add the cooked ground chicken and salsa to the vegetables.
- Mix well.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve wrapped in a soft flour tortilla or over rice.