Recipe by Lizzie Rodriquez
Top Review by Jostlori
Mmmmm. I served this luscious little custard to DH without telling him it was WW, and he raved over it. Boy, was he surprised! These custards are the perfect ending to a great meal - they are flavorful and light - and satisfied my sweet tooth perfectly! The allspice complements the coffee wonderfully. Made this exactly as written, though I did have to increase the cooking time before the knife would come out clean. Thanks for a lovely dessert! Made for My 3 Chefs 2013.
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder or 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup light whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Arrange eight 6 ounce custard cups in a large roasting pan.
- In a smal bowl, combine the brewed coffee and espresso powder. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, egg whites, allspice, and salt. Stir in milk and coffee mixture. Ladle mixture into custard cups Place roasting pan in the oven. Pour enough hot water into pan to come up t the sides of the custard cups.
- Bake until a knife inserted into center of custard comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove from roasting pan and cool on rack at room temperature, refrigerate, covered at least 4 hours, Serve with a dollop of whipped topping.