Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy reicpe to prepare. I serve it along side of Ww Jalapeno Chicken. Hope you enjoy. This has 2 WW points for 3/4 cups of rice mixture.
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) packageready-to-serve cooked spanish rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine, rice, beans, and salsa in a 1 1/2 quart microwave-safe casserole; toss well.
- Cover with lid; microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
Came home late tired and hungry and this was so quick and easy and delicious! I used some leftover rice blend and crockpot beans. Thanks for posting!
Left-over cooked yellow rice, black beans, and smokey hot salsa -- all things I love, stirred into one -- in 10 short minutes !! This is one which will be repeated frequently !! Thanks, Teresa !!
First I need to say that I used this recipe as an inspiration in that I made Spanish rice from scratch as I seldom ever buy processed packaged mixes. The result was a really delicious rice and beans. I just topped it with some low fat cheese and green onions and folded it into a tortilla. Super YUM!