1/1 Photo of WW SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED CABBAGE CASSEROLE Weight Watchers
Southern Lady's Note:
Found while surfing the Net. It's been calculated at 7 pts with cheese and 5 pts without. It is very tasty and makes a ton (perfect for OAMC). If you chop the cabbage in a food processor, you can slip in the healthy veggie without picky eaters knowing. DH liked it and he hates cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g lean ground beef (or 1 lb ground sirloin)
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 9.85 ml garlic, finely minced
- 4.92 ml southwest seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- 2.46 ml Hungarian paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 411.06 g can southwestern petite dice tomatoes with juice
- 113.39 g can tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml broth, beef or 59.14 ml vegetables or 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml brown rice, cooked
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, low-fat
- 1Cook brown rice following package’s directions.
- 2Chop onion finely, and cabbage into bite size pieces.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 baking dish.
- 4In a large skillet heat to medium heat, brown ground beef crumbling into small pieces.
- 5Remove ground beef and set aside.
- 6Add ½ T of oil to skillet and add chopped onion. Sautee for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- 7Add minced garlic, Southwestern or Cajun seasoning, paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 8Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, ground beef, cabbage & broth. Stir thoroughly.
- 9S&P to taste. Add more spice is preferred.
- 10Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Mixture will thicken slightly.
- 11Add cooked rice and fold in so rice doesn’t break down.
- 12Transfer into baking dish and cover with foil, baking for 20 minutes.
- 13Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese melts & browns lightly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for WW SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED CABBAGE CASSEROLE Weight Watchers
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 253.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: