Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fun and easy 15 minute dish. Each serving is only 4 pts. This recipe was suggested to me by a friend. I have not tried it but it sounds good.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites, fat-free or 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized skillet.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and whites, salt, and pepper. Saute the onion and bell peppers about 5 minutes. Slowly pour the mixture from the bowl into the skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Gently stir until the mixture becomes slightly firm (about 3-5 minutes). Then turn over the frittata and cook the other side about 2 minutes longer.
- After taking the frittata from the skillet, cut it in half, and roll it like a burrito. Serve with salsa.
You can not possibly go wrong with these ingredients in a fritata! Is it still a WW recipe, if I ate the whole thing myself? Made for PAC Fall 2009