Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe out of the weight watchers cookbook called "Fresh, Fabulous, Fast" it has 6 pts + per serving...
- 6 ounces soba noodles, thin
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 5 shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 4 slices fresh ginger, peeled (1/8 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, packed
- 1 scallion, minced
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt if desired.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, water, chicken, mushrooms, ginger, and soy sauce in large saucepan; bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Add snow peas, baby peas, and spinach and cook until snow peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in noodles.
- Remove and discard ginger.
- Ladle soup evenly into 4 serving bowls; sprinkle with scallion.
I scaled back for 1 serve and what delicious tasty and filling serve it was. I couldn't get snow peas so used sugar snaps and omitted the spinach as I didn't realize I was out of it and I julienned the ginger and left in as I love a bite of it as I am eating the soup. Thank you TeresaS for a great lunch, made for Food Friends and Fun and For Your Consideration tag game.