Recipe by teresas
This is out of an old Weight Watchers Magazine. The magazine shows Cal 403, Pro 32.5g, Fat 9.9g, Carb 45.4g, Fib 3.6g
Top Review by loof
Great burgers! Loved the glaze on these; I added a couple of spoonfuls of it to the meat mixture as well. To shave off a few calories I used ground turkey and low-fat low-cal sandwich rounds. The sweet-n-spicy flavor was great with the turkey. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round or 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons jalapeno jelly, divided
- 5 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hickory-flavored barbecue smoked seasoning
- cooking spray
- 6 (2 ounce) hamburger buns
- 6 curly leaf lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portion, shaping into patties.
- Combine 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly, 3 tablespoons chili sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon smoke seasoning in a small bowl; stir well.
- Prepare grill.
- Brush 1 side of each hamburger patty with jelly mixture.
- Place patties, jelly side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 5 minutes.
- Brush patties with remaining jelly mixture. Turn patties over; cover and grill an additional 5 minute or until done.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons jelly and remaining 2 tablespoons chili sauce; stir well and spread evenly over bottom halves of buns.
- Top with lettuce, patties and top halves of buns.