Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is out of an old Weight Watchers Magazine. The magazine shows Cal 403, Pro 32.5g, Fat 9.9g, Carb 45.4g, Fib 3.6g
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round or 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons jalapeno jelly, divided
- 5 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hickory-flavored barbecue smoked seasoning
- cooking spray
- 6 (2 ounce) hamburger buns
- 6 curly leaf lettuce leaves
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portion, shaping into patties.
- Combine 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly, 3 tablespoons chili sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon smoke seasoning in a small bowl; stir well.
- Prepare grill.
- Brush 1 side of each hamburger patty with jelly mixture.
- Place patties, jelly side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 5 minutes.
- Brush patties with remaining jelly mixture. Turn patties over; cover and grill an additional 5 minute or until done.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons jelly and remaining 2 tablespoons chili sauce; stir well and spread evenly over bottom halves of buns.
- Top with lettuce, patties and top halves of buns.
Great burgers! Loved the glaze on these; I added a couple of spoonfuls of it to the meat mixture as well. To shave off a few calories I used ground turkey and low-fat low-cal sandwich rounds. The sweet-n-spicy flavor was great with the turkey. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Greaat burgers. I made the recipe as posted except I added a litlle (teaspoon) of jalapeno juice to step 1. Vert tasty, and will repeat. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
We knew we would love theese. I made as stated. I served on whole wheat buns with all the fixings. I used my homemade jalapeno jelly. We served with a big salad. Thanks.