Cook3 hrs 30 mins
Make and share this Ww Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 spray cooking spray, garlic flavored
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice, converted variety
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned tomato puree, roasted variety
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 slices reduced-fat bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped (green parts only)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute until slightly softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place rice, broth, tomato puree, beans, bacon, chipotle sauce, oregano, salt and pepper in a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker, add sauteed vegetables. Cover and cook on low setting for 3 1/2 hours. Stir in cilantro and scallions just before serving.