Recipe by Iam4ever29
This recipe comes from the WW Website POINTS® Value: 4 Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 20 min Cooking Time: 360 min Level of Difficulty: Easy Pop these ingredients into your slow cooker and six hours later you'll have no-fuss paprikash that'll impress any Hungarian! Make sure to keep your slow cooker out for Friday's
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
I didn't like the flavor of the peppers in this dish. I am going to try it again with out the red pepper and add more paprika and onion. More flour too, or perhaps some cornstarch to thicken the sauce as it was kind of thin.
- cooking spray, 1 spray
- 2 cups mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds more. Spoon mixture into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker; add broth.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 long strips; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir together flour and sour cream in a cup; stir into chicken mixture. (Note: We stir flour into the sour cream to prevent the cream from curdling in slow-cooked dishes.) Cover and cook on low until the mixture is thick and hot, about 10 minutes more. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.