Recipe by Iam4ever29
This recipe comes from the WW site. POINTS® Value: 3 Servings: 12 Preparation Time: 16 min Cooking Time: 300 min Level of Difficulty: Easy Mexican food is always a favorite. Just stir the ingredients for these burritos into your slow cooker and let everyone assemble their own.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This was definitely easy but made as directed, the filling was quite bland. Ended up increasing chili powder to 1 T., added 1/2 t. cumin, 1/4 t. red pepper flakes, and more salt. That was about right for our tastes. With those changes, would make again. Thanks.
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup canned chicken broth
- 12 medium whole wheat tortillas, about 7-inches in diameter each
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, oregano and pepper in a 3-quart slow cooker; stir well. Add chicken and broth. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours; drain off liquid (there should be about 6 cups of burrito mixture).
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of burrito mixture down center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla to center. Fold left side to center; fold right side to center, covering filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields 1 burrito per serving.
- You can microwave the burritos, seam-side down, for 30 seconds, if desired.
- Serve with salsa and reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream (could affect POINTS values).