Prep 16 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe comes from the WW site. POINTS® Value: 3 Servings: 12 Preparation Time: 16 min Cooking Time: 300 min Level of Difficulty: Easy Mexican food is always a favorite. Just stir the ingredients for these burritos into your slow cooker and let everyone assemble their own.
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 ounces canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup canned chicken broth
- 12 medium whole wheat tortillas, about 7-inches in diameter each
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Place garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, oregano and pepper in a 3-quart slow cooker; stir well. Add chicken and broth. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours; drain off liquid (there should be about 6 cups of burrito mixture).
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of burrito mixture down center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla to center. Fold left side to center; fold right side to center, covering filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields 1 burrito per serving.
- You can microwave the burritos, seam-side down, for 30 seconds, if desired.
- Serve with salsa and reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream (could affect POINTS values).
This was definitely easy but made as directed, the filling was quite bland. Ended up increasing chili powder to 1 T., added 1/2 t. cumin, 1/4 t. red pepper flakes, and more salt. That was about right for our tastes. With those changes, would make again. Thanks.