Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is 7.5 points but if you purchase a low-fat bread it would decrease the points. I am able to purchase buns for only 1 point at my local grocery store.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 French rolls
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients; except rolls. Pour mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Gently pull beef apart using two forks. It should shred easily.
- Add beef back to slow cooker and toss to coated.
- Serve on buns using a slotted spoon.
We make this, but I cook it with salt, pepper and fresh garlic all day on low, and then when I get home from work, I pour out all of the liquid & return the roast to the crock pot. Use whatever sauce you prefer, or make your own, and stir into the shredded beef roast (pull it apart with 2 forks AFTER you get the fat cut off it). Let heat on low for 30 more minutes and dinner is done! This also reheats nicely in the microwave.
This turned out pretty good tasting, but the only thing is that I had to drain it before I could serve it because it was so liquidy. The flavor was awesome though and my husband loved it!