Recipe by Audrey M
This recipe is 7.5 points but if you purchase a low-fat bread it would decrease the points. I am able to purchase buns for only 1 point at my local grocery store.
Top Review by fayberrie
We make this, but I cook it with salt, pepper and fresh garlic all day on low, and then when I get home from work, I pour out all of the liquid & return the roast to the crock pot. Use whatever sauce you prefer, or make your own, and stir into the shredded beef roast (pull it apart with 2 forks AFTER you get the fat cut off it). Let heat on low for 30 more minutes and dinner is done! This also reheats nicely in the microwave.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 French rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients; except rolls. Pour mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Gently pull beef apart using two forks. It should shred easily.
- Add beef back to slow cooker and toss to coated.
- Serve on buns using a slotted spoon.