Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend gave me a copy of this recipe. I just tried it for the first time tonight. I baked it for 45 minutes and forgot to check on the progress in the oven.....half of the cheese burned! So take the baking time with a grain of salt. I would closely watch, or cover it loosely with foil partially through the baking time. We thought this was a wonderful way to have a cheesy saucy pasta dish but still be able to watch our weight! I haven't tweaked this yet or verified the points calculation - but who can resist sharing another WW recipe! 6 WW points per serving.
- 1 (8 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 lb white meat skinless ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) carton1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated alpine lace fat-free cheddar cheese or 1 cup kraft free cheese slice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni per package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey in a skillet. Drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix,tomato paste, tomato sauce, cottage cheese and one cup water.
- Spray a 2 1/2 qt casserole w/non-fat cooking spray.
- Put a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the dish. Layer half the macaroni and half the meat sauce; repeat.
- Top with grated cheese or cheese slices.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes, or until bubbling.
I haven't tried this yet, but I plan to. Especially since it is actually only 3 WW points per serving according to the Nutritional Information!
I really wanted to love this recipe....but I didn't. I thought it was way too sweet. I waited until the last 10 minutes to put the cheese on. I do think that maybe it could be tweaked to my liking, but as is, I prolly won't make again. (Sorry)
quick, easy, yummy!