Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Can't wait to try this!!
- 4 medium baking potatoes (evenly-sized)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme, sage) or 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes if the skin is too tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse them.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices (but not all the way through - place the handle of a spoon or table knife alongside the potato to prevent the knife from slicing all the way).
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish; slightly fan out the slices.
- Drizzle the potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle with herbs and salt (to taste).
- Bake the potatoes for about 50 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Bake the potatoes for another 10-15 minutes (until they're lightly browned and soft inside, and the cheeses are melted).
Wow, these were great. My DH and I each ate one and one-half potatoes. These were delicious with baked breaded pork chops and buttered peas. Nice meal. Will definitely make again. Oh, I put onion and garlic powder in with the melted butter.
Yum! These were great! I made an extra and am looking forward to taking it to work for lunch tomorrow. Followed the recipe as written and the whole family loved them. Thanks for posting this!
You get another 5 stars from me! Word of warning...try to distribute the ingredients EVENLY. I thought I did but was being careless and my husband didn't enjoy this dish nearly as much as I because the potato he took did not have a good distribution of the ingredients and he found it bland. This is really excellent and EASY. I even had some leftover and reheated them the next day for lunch to eat...still EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed these low fat tasty treats! Thanks for posting!