Recipe by Redsie
Can't wait to try this!!
Top Review by Airamia, prev. #412988
Wow, these were great. My DH and I each ate one and one-half potatoes. These were delicious with baked breaded pork chops and buttered peas. Nice meal. Will definitely make again. Oh, I put onion and garlic powder in with the melted butter.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (evenly-sized)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme, sage) or 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes if the skin is too tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse them.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices (but not all the way through - place the handle of a spoon or table knife alongside the potato to prevent the knife from slicing all the way).
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish; slightly fan out the slices.
- Drizzle the potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle with herbs and salt (to taste).
- Bake the potatoes for about 50 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Bake the potatoes for another 10-15 minutes (until they're lightly browned and soft inside, and the cheeses are melted).