Recipe by Queenkungfu
Eat shrimp scampi without the guilt! 4 points per serving.
Top Review by karen in tbay
Excellent - we didn't have any white wine so used mirin and sherry. After we ate the shrimp we cooked our herring fillets in the sauce - suppose it would be called poaching the fish and those were enjoyed by the whole family as well.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled (tails left on)
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley, plus
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Sauté the shrimp until just pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds.
- With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter, keep hot.
- In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Boil, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half; spoon over the shrimp.
- Serve garnished with the lemon slices and sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
- Note: I have also added scallops to this with great results!