Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Eat shrimp scampi without the guilt! 4 points per serving.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled (tails left on)
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley, plus
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Sauté the shrimp until just pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds.
- With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter, keep hot.
- In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Boil, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half; spoon over the shrimp.
- Serve garnished with the lemon slices and sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
- Note: I have also added scallops to this with great results!
Excellent - we didn't have any white wine so used mirin and sherry. After we ate the shrimp we cooked our herring fillets in the sauce - suppose it would be called poaching the fish and those were enjoyed by the whole family as well.
Oh so delicious! My first attempt at making shrimp scampi and no complaints! We even liked it better than what we have had at the restraunts. Served with whole wheat linguini and salad. Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful! I love shrimp scampi but don't love oozing butter from every pore after I eat it. This was delicious and very light tasting, perfect with homemade whole wheat noodles. I didn't have any wine so used extra chicken broth, and didn't have fresh lemon juice so used the napalm kind in the squeeze bottle. We also threw in some asparagus spears to use them up. Oh boy did we clean our plates. Husb agreed that we must make this again soon. Thanks a lot.